Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Party Was A GREAT Success!!







Okay, so we had the combined birthday party (see invitations below) for Anthony & LucasJon this past Saturday. It was a huge success! The pictures above are of LucasJon putting on a "show" after he learned how to inhale helium and talk funny, LucasJon after his big sisters "gave" him a piece of cake, Anthony's Backyardigans cake, Anthony and Mommy, LucasJon's WWE cake (will explain more below), LucasJon with his cake, and some of our guests.
We had quite the spread going: Hot ham, turkey in gravy, beef in gravy, and BBQ shredded pork, potato salad, cheesy potatoes, fruit salad, cheese & sausage tray, veggie tray with 3 kinds of dip, relish tray, chips (several kinds).............................oh yeah, NOBODY left hungry, I guarantee that! LOL
We all had such a great time, but honestly, before the party I decided I was not just cleaning, I was going to "declutter" also (thanks FlyLady)! So, after making 50 handmade invites I started cleaning and decluttering. Whew, I had a great time, it was WONDERFUL to see everyone, but I'm glad it's done with!
LucasJon wanted a WWE cake badly. So, I went to three different local stores to try to find it for him. NOTHING, nobody is licensed to do these cakes. Lucky for me I found a wonderful lady at Walmart who is also a WWE fan that offered to design the cake with a ring in the middle. I would just have to buy whatever I wanted on top to decorate it! Whew whoooo, she made me a hero in my 11 year olds eyes!
Now, if I can just keep up with my friendly FlyLady missions that are emailed to me Monday through Friday, I might KEEP my house looking this good! Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

belle d. said...

your family is beautiful! what lovely boys! i'm sad i missed the cakes! hee hee! great pics! your blog is too cute!
abrazos,
bella
old ctmh sister

Grandma's "FlyBaby"

Grandma's "FlyBaby"

Being Grandparents is AWESOME!

Being Grandparents is AWESOME!

Grandpa's Buddy

Grandpa's Buddy