Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Making Progress!!

Okay, so life has been extremely busy lately, but whose hasn't right? I came back from Orlando, FL for the Close to my Heart Convention and am completely pumped up about taking my business from hobbyist to full out Consultant. My goal (are all of you listening, or should I say reading closely?) is to qualify for Leadership next summer in Long Beach, CA!!! So, all of you are reading this, I HAVE TO ACCOMPLISH IT! I won't settle for failure!

Anyway, my family is having a period of adjustment with this since this means that Mom/Wife is focusing on something other than THEM! Yep, you got it. I am trying to make them understand that this is MY passion, this is MY football, this is MY classic cars.........little by little they seem to be accepting this. Of course, when I dangled pictures of the Western Carribbean Cruise in front of the boys, they were like "yeah MOM, I WANT TO GO THERE!". So, we will see.......

Lane has been so awesome, that he has put up some new shelving in the basement (my scrap area), and has been his total perfectionist self (but they look so nice :) ). We had shelves and brackets stored under the bed in our spare bedroom because we were going to shelve the entire family room area way back when. He was so sweet, he started taking measurements, checking out the shelves we already had, and even took the boards to our local cabinetry place to have the cut to size!

Here are a few pictures of the shelves BEFORE I loaded it down with my ScrapRack.






AFTER I loaded this poor bottom shelf with my STUFFED ScrapRack, it started to lean forward. LOL, can you say "ADDICT"! Dear Hubby went back to our local cabinetry place and had him cut some smaller pieces to make braces for the sides of the shelves! He has been so awesome about this. This is when I LOVE the perfectionist in him.


I have been busy trying to reorganize my scrap area so that I can get more accomplished and not have our family room look like a tornado hit it all the time. So, in between middle school orientation, freshman high school orientation, football practice for both boys........I haven't gotten it where I want it YET, but will post pictures when I am done.


On a different note, the grandson, Anthony, is growing like crazy and couldn't be any cuter!! He is so much fun to have around!
Here he is playing with Grandpa & Grandpa's bubble gum!! He was trying so hard to stick his tongue out like Grandpa was doing! It was so funny and incredibly cute to watch!
Well, I guess that is all for today! Hopefully my next post will be of artwork!



No comments:

Grandma's "FlyBaby"

Grandma's "FlyBaby"

Being Grandparents is AWESOME!

Being Grandparents is AWESOME!

Grandpa's Buddy

Grandpa's Buddy