Monday, October 20, 2008

Trying something different...........

Okay, so I have decided that I HAVE to learn to eat healthier, proper portion sizes, and lose weight to keep it off. I decided to join Weight Watcher's online since I knew there was NO way I was fitting weekly meetings into my crazy schedule. I decided to blog about it to help with the accountability!

So, I have completed week three (as of this last Friday) and I am down 9.8 lbs so far! How exciting is that? Well, at least it is for me. I have found some great women within my CTMH community on the bulletin boards who have been incredibly supportive. We call ourselves the biggest "losers" on a regular basis. These women are phenominal!

I have found some awesome websites also, and have been visiting them regularly to learn more about healthy choices, healthy eating, etc. I absolutely LOVE www.hungry-girl.com and have subscribed to her daily newsletter!

Well, I just wanted to put this out there because I am bound & determined to lose the weight I need to and keep it off! I have not been under 200 lbs since before I was pregnant with Lance, and he will be 15 on Christmas Day! It's long past due time to rid myself of all this excess weight.

So, I have lost 9.8 lbs and have 122.6 lbs to go to get to my goal weight. My doctor and I talked and decided what would be a good weight for me even though it is a tad higher than what they say it "should" be.

Anything has to be better than where I am now. The heart history, the diabetes and so on in my family........it's time to make changes!



No comments:

Grandma's "FlyBaby"

Grandma's "FlyBaby"

Being Grandparents is AWESOME!

Being Grandparents is AWESOME!

Grandpa's Buddy

Grandpa's Buddy